Friday, September 26, 2008

Back again!

I just realized that it has been ages since I wrote anything!

A spasmic urge while reading some stuff prompted me to vomit something urgently on my space here.

Cant say that my work kept me away from Bloggersville...I wish I could say that! :-)

I just have been my usual rank lazy self..in fact of late I have developed an enviable expertise in sleeping anywhere, anytime..and find it extremely difficult to squeeze in anything constructive between my multiple sleeping sessions.

The nearest I came to doing anything constructive in the past few months has been to learn to cook! No big deal..dal fry, omelette, rice..but that's like a quantum leap for someone who's greatest culinary achievement has been frying peanuts! Thanks to a nagging roomie(KK the DOG), I will not have to do the dishes every day.

Yeah, I learned to drive...I get confused between the accelerator and the brake, cant park the car and find it difficult to turn or change lanes..but in between numerous lapses, I actually manage.

And a month back I went all the way near Gustav to get evacuated. A thriller of how a vacation in Florida turned into an Evac(u)ation. We had plans to party at a city which was quickly turning into a ghost town...and then I was part of probably the biggest evacuation drive here..(2 million left Louisiana in 2 days!). More on this thriller later.

I left a company which I thought I would never leave, jumped from 2 airplanes(One with a parachute), jet skied on lake Shasta, saw some amazing places along the pacific coast and fell in love with my work multiple times.

I guess I have vomited enuf for the day and its time to sleep..will be back in a few days with full length cover stories and much more..

Stay tuned!

No comments: